SAMARKAND BRANCH COUNCIL OF TASHKENT STATE UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS
In accordance with the Regulations on Higher Education of the Council of the Samarkand branch of the Tashkent State University of Economics, the Council is established under the chairmanship of the director of the branch to consider key issues related to the activities of the university.
The efforts of the branch team are aimed at combining the following activities: implementation of the National Program of Personnel Training, ensuring high-quality bachelor's and master's degree training on the basis of modern pedagogical technology and computerization, further development of scientific research, patriotism, citizenship, pride in, the formation of spiritual-enlightenment and cultural features.
The Branch Council consists of the director (chairman), deputy directors, deans of faculties, heads of specialized departments, as well as representatives of trade unions of students and employees of the branch. Other members of the board are elected by secret ballot at the general meeting of the faculty. The number of faculty members elected to the Board is determined by order of the Director. The council may include leading scientists and specialists working on specific issues of the university, as well as representatives of foreign universities with interstate and direct contacts. Term of office - 5 years.
Approved by order of the branch director. At the beginning of each academic year, new members are elected or included in the Charter to replace those who have left the Board for various reasons.
The main tasks of the Branch Council are:
• Review of strict implementation of state educational standards, curricula and programs in accordance with the national training program;
• Hears reports on the educational, research and spiritual-educational work of the faculties, as well as reports on the activities of lyceums, scientific societies at the university, on the results of admission hears the report of the admissions committee, the need for graduate specialists, the marketing service on the relationship with the orders;
• Summarizes students' major internships and makes recommendations for improvement;
• Discusses plans for research, spiritual and educational work, professional development of teaching staff;
• Makes decisions on establishing relations with foreign universities;
• Decides on the opening, closing and reorganization of faculties and departments;
• Makes proposals for the opening of new fields of study (specialties), taking into account the offers of marketing services;
• Reviews the preparation and publication of textbooks, manuals and scientific textbooks;
• Conducts competitions for the positions of professors and teachers in accordance with the Regulations on the procedure for hiring pedagogical staff of higher education institutions;
• Considers the documents of candidates for the title of Professor or Associate Professor and submits them for approval in the prescribed manner;
• Recommends candidates for independent research, senior research and other postgraduate forms;
• Recommends candidates from talented students and faculty for internships in foreign universities through the Talent Fund;
• Hear reports from managers on the activities of small businesses, firms and courses engaged in educational services;
• Recommends the admission of candidates from among the graduates of the branch to the trainee-researcher, as well as approves the individual plans of the trainee-researcher and the topic of the candidate's dissertation, if the branch is not divided into faculties or the faculty does not have a council;
• Recommends candidates from among the talented students and trainee-researchers of the branch to receive prestigious scholarships;
• Hear reports of deans of faculties on the relationship between graduates and interns, develops measures to further improve training;
• Develops measures to improve the physical education and health of students in cooperation with the Healthy Generation Foundation;
• Identifies measures to improve the safety and health of students and staff of the branch;
• Approves the current (annual) development plans of the branch and hears the results of financial and economic activities;
• Discusses drafts of professional development plans of highly educated specialists, hears reports of heads of advanced training branches of the branch;
• Discusses and determines measures to ensure the English language proficiency of graduates and professors of the branch and the formation of basic skills in computer technology, Internet access;
• Discusses the provision of educational materials, the development and publication of new generation textbooks and manuals, as well as teaching materials based on the use of innovative educational technologies.
The council works according to a plan developed for each academic year. The work plan of the Branch Council is approved by the branch director after review by the Board.
Decisions of the Council on all matters of academic and research work shall be taken by open ballot by a majority vote. Competitions for the positions of faculty members, and applications for the degree of professor and associate professor are accepted by secret ballot in the prescribed manner.
Decisions of the Branch Council come into force after approval by the branch director. The meeting of the Council shall be recorded in the minutes. The minutes shall be signed by the Chairman of the Board and the Secretary of the Board.
The work plan will be amended on the basis of Decrees of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers, decisions and orders of the Board of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education.
Chairman of the Council Olim Murtazayev
Council Secretary Mamur Saidmurodov