ATTRACTED FUNDS AND GRANTS
Attracted investments and grants information on the status of implementation of the Action Plan for attracting foreign aid and grants in the Samarkand branch of the Tashkent State University of Economics (2019-2020 academic year)
During the 2019-2020 academic year, the following projects have been implemented until April 2020 and are continuing within the framework of investments and grants attracted by the branch:
1. The EMI (English medium instruction) project, organized jointly by the British Council and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of Uzbekistan from October 2019 to October 2022, has been invested in the amount of $ 10,000 US in order to introduce language teaching. The project is funded by the British Council.
2. “Training for University Professors in the use of the Case Study Methodology in Food and Nutrition Policy teaching programmes” was funded by the World Bank on January 27-31, 2020 at the Moscow State University named after Lomonosov in Russia for $ 5,000 US. One employee of the branch participated in the project and was awarded a certificate.
3. Delegation of the branch took part in an international seminar within the framework of the APHRODITE-3 project on “International workshop on snow cover changes and its modeling over Northern Eurasia”, which was organized and funded by the Japan Science and Technology Agency on February 13-22, 2020 at Hirosaki University of Japan. The project received a grant of $ 2,600.
4. The concept of the project "Increasing potato production in Uzbekistan and capacity building in the development of seed production system" for 2021-2024 within the framework of the Korean program KOICA was prepared and sent to the Korean government. The project cost is $ 5 million US.
5. A project concept for a $ 10,000 social and humanitarian interdisciplinary research project in the Eurasian region funded by the St. Petersburg State Agrarian University of the Russian Federation for 2020-2023 was prepared and sent to the Ministry of Innovation Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan for funding.